Sunday, April 19, 2009

Third times a charm!

You would think by my third baby I would be some kind of expert. Sadly, I think I have become far more lax in my mothering skills. I am not sure if that is because I am loosing my mind or because I have come to realize that it doesn't help to sweat the small stuff. In a way it is kind of nice because I enjoy life much more in my happy state of confusion and cluelessness (is that a word?). Anyhow, after going for a morning walk I brought Elsie in (who had fallen asleep) and put her on the couch. Trying to take advantage of my precious time I went outside to work in my flower beds. On a side note, the thing I love about my neighborhood is that on any given day as long as the temperature is above 40 degrees you can find multiple people outside. The flip side of this is that it takes an average of 4 hours to weed a single flower bed because everyone loves to talk. Anywho, on this particular day during the course of my conversations (yes that is plural) I must have said ten times that I needed to check on Elsie because she should be waking up. This is what I finally came inside to find . . . . . . . . .

She looks quite relaxed, doesn't she? That was my only consolation. Like I said, the third times a charm.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Poor kid. Maybe she was just pretending to be on Star Trek.... "Yes commander!"

Kristin said...

My, my - she DOES look relaxed. What a funny little Elsie. So glad Eli will have her as a best buddy. :)

karenw said...

What a patient child! She sleeps like her dad....anytie, anywhere. I love your blog. I didn't even know you had one. No question about it, you have your hands full. Good luck with the evil twins today (Easton and Cole) Not really evil I guess, just over-active imaginations. Bye! Karen (the other karen--Drew's)

Us said...

I love to read your blogs. You are such a fun writer. You guys are adorable. I wish we could see you more often, but what can you do when you live in Arkansas?