Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family Vacations

A few weeks ago we spent the weekend at the Bear River Lodge. The time we had reserved was for the UEA weekend and we had intended to rent out our time and use the money for our Disneyland vacation. As the weekend drew closer, we realized that we were not going to be able to sell our time and contemplated whether or not we should use it ourselves or give it away. We kept thinking of a million little reasons to stay home but in the end we decided to head up to the cabin. On the drive up my children kept asking me why they could not bring friends and telling me how bored they were going to be . . . . . . . .



So after a weekend of riding the four wheeler, playing games and spending all kinds of family togetherness, I realized just how important family vacations are. There was no distraction of phone calls, friends, football games or even trips to the grocery store to pull us away from making memories and deepening our love for each other as a family. Abby summed it all up with one comment as we drove home: "Mom, I love family vacations."




5 comments:

Amy said...

Friends, who needs em? I was pleasantly surprised to see and up date from you Katie Ann. You should probably do it more often...

Kristin said...

You teared me right up at the end there. Nice. :) I'm glad you had a great time at the cabin. I sure love your little family!

Matt & Ali said...

Cute Family! I thought i would leave you a comment this time. I have snooped at your blog before but haven't said anything!

Lisa B. said...

How fun. What sweet memories.

JFun said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG?! Oh, man. I'm coming here every day. You'd better make it good!