Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bear River Here We Come!

Abby and her cousins inside their fort!
The outside of the fort, Abby keeping watch.



Every year we spend a weekend with Drew's family at the Bear River Lodge. It has become one of our familys favorite places to be. Every day is a new adventure when you have an endless amount of time to fish, explore, four wheel, and EAT! It is such a fun weekend because all of the cousins in the family play so well together that the adults hardly have to do any entertaining. The last couple of years the kids have spent the majority of their time in a fort that somebody (bless their heart) built and left behind. From the time Abby woke up in the morning until we drug her back in at night she would play in the fort - decorating it, moving rooms around and hunting deer (Logan with his hands or sticks on his head for antlers). I never get tired of watching her use her imagination and am always impressed with the ideas she comes up with.

This year at the cabin I was able to conquer (or at least face) one of my fears. Those of you who know me well know that I have a small fear of any fish or water creature that is bigger than one inch. You can imagine the inner struggle I faced when the kids decided they wanted to catch a baby fish from one of the fishing ponds at the cabin. We hiked down to the pond, each child with a cup in hand, and as we walked I realized that if I didn't get in one of the kids would fall in. So I grabbed a fishing net from Curtis and slowly made my way into the stinky, fish infested pond. I did end up catching a little guppy which the kids loved so much that the poor thing was dead by the next morning, and I did face my fear of fish! That is not to say that fear is gone - AT ALL!

For some reason, my children always fall asleep on the long four wheeler rides. This is how her grandpa Wight brought her back!

No comments: